Saturday, January 21, 2012

One down... Two to Go!

I mentioned several times this year that I was planning on finishing up some of those UFOs that have been lingering on my needles for way too long.  When at knitting group last weekend I hauled along the socks I began knitting back in December of 2008.  They were plain stockinette so it was nice to just knit mindlessly along while chatting with everyone.

Well I finished up the ribbing this week and cast off.  Both socks were made at the same time so no second sock syndrome for me!

Pattern:  Widdershins
Yarn:  Knit Picks' Simple Stripes
Comments:  It was a great pattern and a great yarn.  The only reason it took me so long to finish them was because of a huge knitting hiatus and the fact that they were stockinette.  Next time I'm putting a pattern on them!  Love the yarn, wish Knit Picks still made it. :(

I'm heading down to the outlet mall to hit another knitting group today.  I think I'll take the shawl from 2006 along to work on while I'm there. :)

Yarn Update. :D

Yarn Out:  545g (1571y)
Yarn In:  0g (0y)
Yards Spun:  265y

So far so good!  I haven't bought any yarn, and I'm plowing through some projects and using up stash!  I have a new found love in shopping from the stash. :)

1 comment:

  1. nice socks, my stash is too big to take a picture. In july 2011 I took a picture of it at it was like 17 kg then :)

    ReplyDelete