Sunday, January 29, 2012

Two FOs and Two NEW Cast-Ons!

I said I would be setting some weekly goals for myself, to help myself keep motivated and feel like I've accomplished something, especially when working on larger projects.

Last week, I set these goals:
-Finish the Washcloth
-Finish 198 yds. of Heaven
-Use up the rest of the first skein on the Candle Flame Shawl

Finish the washcloth: DONE!
Pattern: The Cotton Dishcloth (once removed or dressed up)
Yarn: Peaches & Creme in Pink Lemonade.  Yes.. I still have more of this left.  This cloth only used up 39g and it seems like this will be the skein that never ends!

It is a great pattern though, I loved knitting it and already have plans to cast on some more, especially since it only requires 39 grams of yarn!

Finish the 198 yds. of Heaven Shawlette: DONE!
Pattern: 198 yds. of Heaven
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton
Comments:  I added an extra repeat in the main body, and somewhat regret it.  It used up a lot more yarn, but it came out bigger than I expected.  I did use a size 10.5 US needle since I was using a dishcloth cotton for the shawl.  I'm sure once it blocks out I'll like it a little more, and if not I'll wear it inside when it gets cool.  This was done for a KAL on Ravelry and I love the pattern.  I may make it in another yarn, or even a laceweight yarn at some point in the future.

Finishing up the first skein of the Candle Flame Shawl.... yea, it didn't happen.  I had a very busy week between work and life in general, so no other projects happened this weekend, but it's okay.  After watching tons of podcasts and listening to everyone talk about socks I decided I needed more socks on my needles.  Then while chatting in virtual knit night the other day, someone showed me the nanner socks she was working on by Wendy Johnson.  Wait... I have that pattern, and yarn I bought FOR that pattern YEARS ago!  But that yarn was living in Ohio... or so I thought.  Turns out it was in my boxes upstairs!  So guess what I cast on?

Yup!  Nanner socks in Lime & Violet Sasquatch Sock (75% wool, 25% nylon) that I purchased ages ago from their shop.  This stuff has been in my stash for way too long, so it's finally nice to be using up some of those sock yarns I was hording...

Speaking of sock yarn, I also wound this:

Two skeins of Dream in Color Smooshy Sock Yarn in colors Gothic Rose and Deep Seaflower.  I bought these yarns over a year ago with intentions to knit them into gift scarves.  That hasn't happened yet, so when I came across the Stripe Study shawl for the Knitting in Circles Podcast I knew what I wanted to make out of these yarns.  The pattern has been downloaded, but haven't been cast on yet.  Hopefully I'll get them started at some point tonight.

Since I have two new FOs, I also have a new stash status update:

Yarn Out:  817g (2058y)
Yarn In:  0g (0y)
Yards Spun:  265y

No comments:

Post a Comment